Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The secret life of a grad student

Does everyone know what yesterday was? Yesterday was Meltdown Day. Yay Meltdown Day! Oh you don't know what Meltdown Day is? Well let me educate you. It comes to visit me once a week. It involves a lot of tears and tissues. Best part about Meltdown Day? When it comes, it doesn't come again for six days. Usually. Yesterday Meltdown Day consisted of my honey making a funny face. Me laughing. Him making a funny face again. Me laughing. Him making a funny face again. I crack up for a minute and then my laughter turns into sobs. Ya. I was that tired. And when he finally stopped looking at me like I was insane and asked me what was wrong, this is what I did... no joke. I flopped myself onto the bed face down and yelled "I'm so unhappy!!!"

Wow. Just so you all know- I'm not a dramatic person. But that's how my life is going this quarter. Completely sleep deprived and frustrating. Basically right now I have a serious case of senioritis because this is the quarter from hell and I'd rather be at the next chapter in my life (read: work, home, honey, movies, babies). But no. Instead I am writing 30 page papers every week, filling out lab books, learning how to write a research paper, and studying for midterms. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's a means to an end.

Things I've learned on Meltdown Days:

1. My husband is very good at making me laugh through tears.

2. Afterwards, I feel much better and my prespective is clear again.

3. Sometimes you just have to get the assignment done. You can't always do A work.

4. You are nothing without your mental health.

5. Big men have big shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment