Wednesday, February 2, 2011
The secret life of a grad student
Wow. Just so you all know- I'm not a dramatic person. But that's how my life is going this quarter. Completely sleep deprived and frustrating. Basically right now I have a serious case of senioritis because this is the quarter from hell and I'd rather be at the next chapter in my life (read: work, home, honey, movies, babies). But no. Instead I am writing 30 page papers every week, filling out lab books, learning how to write a research paper, and studying for midterms. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's a means to an end.
Things I've learned on Meltdown Days:
1. My husband is very good at making me laugh through tears.
2. Afterwards, I feel much better and my prespective is clear again.
3. Sometimes you just have to get the assignment done. You can't always do A work.
4. You are nothing without your mental health.
5. Big men have big shoulders.