Friday, January 28, 2011

I still got sand in my shoes...

Hello. Despite some sad news about an old schoolmate, I am in an.... embracing mood today. I suppose tragedies help us realize that what we've been bitching about is better than not being able to bitch at all. If that makes any sense. I normally try to live my life in an "it's all good" manner like my daddy taught me but sometimes I get caught up in a pity party. We're all guilty of it. My whole philosophy has always been, "if you don't want to do something and it makes you unhappy, either don't do it or find a way to improve it." I've recently discovered (I know, a little late in the game) that sometimes you have to do things that make you miserable so that you will not be more miserable a couple years down the road. It'll all be worth it in the end, I just have to remember that.


So here's a couple things that happened recently that I feel good about.

1. It took me 3 months to gain my holiday weight (yes, the holidays start in October- I love candy!) and as of this morning, I have officially lost everything I gained! I'm back on track for summertime!

2. On that note, I found a pair of pants that I got last summer and I was going to wear them today. I pulled them on, stopped, and checked the tag. I would've sworn they were my husbands- I was swimming in them!

3. Every assignment that I have sacrificed sleep for this quarter I got an A on. Worth it? Maybe...

4. I get to go on field trips on Thursdays and yesterday we went to the beach. What for? That's a good question- I was hanging out with the sea anemones so I wasn't really paying attention. 


5. To celebrate getting back on track with my weight loss- I bought myself some new makeup. It was just a crazy coincidence that I ran out this morning and would've needed to buy some anyway. Or maybe I'm just over-justifying. 

6. While at Sephora (<3) I went up to almost every saleswoman there and asked for a free sample of a product of my choice. Hey- I'm a poor grad student, don't judge me!

7. I got 8.5 hours of sleep last night. It was amazing.

8. And finally, and most importantly, it's the weekend!! That means I get to hang out with my husband, cook more, and wake up slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment